Today, we are pleased to announce that we have joined the United Nations Global Compact initiative — a voluntary leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible business practices.
With this announcement, we are proud to join thousands of other companies globally committed to taking responsible business action to create the world we all want. The UN Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues embodied in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Launched in 2000, the UN Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with more than 9,500 companies and 3,000 on-business signatories based in over 160 countries, and with more than 70 local networks.
We believe that the time to make a change is now. Alone we can do a lot but together with all of the companies committed to the UN Global Compact, we can do so much more for a better tomorrow. The initiative will help us improve on all aspects related to human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption but goes way further than the below-mentioned principles. In line with our commitment to these principles, we are happy to communicate yearly on our progress, demonstrating our ongoing commitment to responsible business action in support of broader societal goals. Together with the United Nations Global Compact initiative we can ensure transparency and close the gap between aspiration and action. Shortly we'll share some of our initiatives, hoping to inspire you to join our journey towards a brighter future.
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. The effective abolition of child labour;
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
If you wish to receive more information about our initiatives related to the United Nations Global Compact, don't hesitate to contact us.Get in contact