Senior Sourcing Manager
As Senior Sourcing Manager plush and toys, you are responsible for excellent buying conditions and processes for products offered in our loyalty programs. You make sure there is sufficient capacity available at the most optimal location. You manage the supplier relationships and develop new ones and take care that all products and suppliers are compliant to International, local and BL's requirements.
You are part of the Sourcing department and sit within the APAC Sourcing team. You report into the Head of Supply Chain Management & Logistics and Sourcing.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You are an expert of the supplier market of your product categories and constantly monitoring the cost drivers of the products;
- Responsible for managing the negotiations in pricing, delivery conditions, payment terms (Condition of Purchase) with existing and new suppliers;
- Coordinate the buying process for (licensed and A-Brand) products: Product Specifications, supplier selecting and contracting, Streamline the production process and delivery;
- Ensure the product quality in compliance with local country and client specific requirements, together with our Quality Team;
Vendor Risk Management
- Maintain and develop relationships with our partners (vendors/suppliers/factories) of A branded goods and licensed products in the APAC region;
- Responsible for close monitoring of the supplier market, initiate finding new suppliers to secure future sources in the APAC region;
- Perform factory audits at potential suppliers in collaboration with Quality team.
- You are part of our category sourcing teams (consisting of Product Management/ Sourcing Management/QA) support and execute feasibility studies and product development with suppliers following the product development milestones;
- Act as the subject matter expert to our category sourcing teams for product knowledge/technical questions and ideation/new concepts from supplier knowledge/supplier market;
- Select & develop suppliers who are the best total fit for BL needs like, capacity, competitiveness, flexibility, lead times, reliability, quality level, development capabilities;
- Work closely together with Quality Team in the product development phase to assist supplier to improve the quality and production processes;
- Together with the Quality and Compliance manager you are responsible for product testing, setting the norms for inspection by writing a supplier handbook;
- Responsible for preparing the logistical details and product details including BOM (bill of material) for new products.
Program preparation, planning and execution
- Give input in the lead management phase on possibilities new production, lead times, capacity and MOQ;
- Monitor program performance in collaboration with Supply Chain Management to anticipate on performance changes and the impact on supplier /deliveries;
- Act as the main contact with supplier for any escalations during the program;
- Responsible for special projects assigned by the Head of Sourcing and Sourcing Director.