Buyer Consumer Goods EMEA
You are the go-to person when it comes to international buying and supplier selection. You are part of our EMEA sourcing team, consisting 3 experienced sourcing managers.
Your team and responsibilities
As a buyer, you are responsible for excellent buying conditions and processes for our product category Cookware that is offered in our loyalty programs. You make sure there is sufficient capacity available at the most optimal location. You manage the supplier relationships and develop new ones and take care that all products and suppliers are compliant to International, local and BL's requirements.
- You are an expert of the supplier market of your product categories and constantly monitoring the cost drivers of your products
- You are responsible for winning negotiations in pricing, delivery conditions, payment terms (Condition of Purchase) with existing and new suppliers.
- You coordinate the buying process for products: Product Specifications, supplier selecting and contracting, Streamline the production process and delivery.
- You ensure Product quality in compliance with country- and client specific requirements, together with our QA department
Vendor Risk Management
- You manage relationships with our partners; suppliers in the EMEA region
- You are responsible for close monitoring of the supplier market, initiate finding new suppliers to secure future sources
- You perform factory audits at potential suppliers in collaboration with QA team.
- You are responsible for the full Vendor Risk management process including contract management
- You are part of our category sourcing teams (consisting of Product Management/ Sourcing Management/QA) support and execute feasibility studies and product development with suppliers following the product development milestones
- You are the source of input to our category sourcing teams for product knowledge/technical questions and ideation/new concepts from supplier knowledge/supplier market
- Together with the Quality& Compliance manager you are responsible for product testing, setting the norms for inspection by writing a supplier handbook.
- You are responsible for completion of logistical details + product details including BOM (bill of material) for new products.
Program preparation, planning and execution
- You give input in the lead management phase on possibilities of new production, lead times, capacity and MOQ.
- You keep track of programme performance via Supply Chain Management to anticipate on performance changes and the impact on supplier /deliveries.
- You are the main contact towards supplier in case of escalations during the programme.