Dev Ops Engineer Precima
Are you passionate about Data? Join the data revolution.
At Precima, our people are proud to work with some of the world’s leading retailers on challenging, cutting-edge, data driven solutions, powered by technology, and, people. We have an exciting opportunity to assist with CVS, one of the largest retailers in the U.S. If you have an ingrained streak of determination and don’t settle for good enough, apply today!
About the opportunity
The DevOps Engineer will be based out of our Netherlands office (s’-Hertogenbosch) and will combine their deep technical knowledge with business application experience to help develop Precima’s solutions & ensure Precima’s system architecture is running smoothly. They will leverage their knowledge of automation tools to automate as much work as possible in the application development lifecycle. The DevOps Engineer is comfortable with monitoring system issues, working across hundreds of servers, and will ensure that our developers utilize a continuous integration and deployment workflow. They will ensure that the infrastructure is kept up-to-date, reliable, and scalable. As processes change and the company grows, the DevOps Engineer has a keen eye towards work acceleration, keeping business outcomes in mind.
What you will be doing
- Strong communication skills required to ensure collaboration and open dialogue across cross-functional teams.
- Define and maintain a Continuous Integration and Deployment strategy for Precima’s application development. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for automated code deployment and application schedule orchestration.
- Responsible for ensuring that underlying system architecture is operating smoothly within the design parameters for speed, availability, security, and compliance. The DevOps Engineer has a deep knowledge of systems and can assess the impact of proposed changes to both technology and business users.
- The DevOps Engineer will work alongside Development resources to code and script in support of solution development.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to ensure that data flows are securely managed.
- Provide development teams, project managers, and business partners with architecture and technical solution alternatives and provide recommendations based on evaluation of the priorities for multiple competing factors
- Provide recommendations for the above based on evaluation of the prioritization of multiple competing factors, including requirements, NFRs, roadmap, risks and domain expertise
- Full autonomy and responsibility to define the code automation strategy and associated process for Precima’s new product offerings.
- This role also has the authority to lead small-medium tool development projects (with a focus on deploying standard products) and make necessary day-to-day development decisions. Any decisions that impact existing standards must be approved by the direct manager.
- Responsibility for overall code automation and decision-making authority to send non-compliant code back to developers.